Affiliated to Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal (MAKAUT, WB),
In today’s era of globalization, hospitality industry is indeed assuming greater significance and is fast developing into a lucrative career provider. Today a Bachelor Degree course in hospitality management encompasses training in various aspects of the business of hotel related industry, travel and tourism related industry and housekeeping and catering in Hospitality industry (including customer care executives).
Hospitality management offer degree courses in hospitality management, which help students acquire all the required knowledge, skills and outlook to efficiently handle the supervisory and management responsibilities in the Hospitality sector.
A course in hospitality management focuses on the application of management principles in the field of Hospitality. It involves not just study but hands-on work in the various operational areas of Hospitality management like Food Production, Food and Beverage Service, Front Office Operation and House Keeping.
The course also imparts substantial knowledge about Sales and Marketing, Financial Management, Human Resource management, Hotel and Catering Law, Property Management, Entrepreneurship Development, Computers, with special focus on Tourism Studies.
Hospitality Management Skills & Attributes
An aspirant who wishes to make a career in hospitality management should have a good organizational background, excellent communication and interpersonal skills..
One must be an extrovert, co-operative, polite and respectful to the guests, and also have patience to deal with guest’s criticism even when one knows that he/she is right.
Hospitality Management Jobs
After completing a diploma or a bachelor’s course in hospitality management, graduates can get a job in the following sectors:
- Airline and railway travel
- Conferences and conventions centers
- Travel agencies
- Tourist offices and ministries of tourism
- Tour operators
- Spas and wellness centers
- Cruise companies
- Event management
- Catering companies
- Bars and private clubs
- Concert and theatre venues
- Museums and other cultural venues
- Theme parks
- Fitness clubs and sports organizations (such as gyms, golf clubs, and tennis facilities)
- Real estate management companies
- Hotel development and construction
- Manufacturers and suppliers of hospitality equipment
- Name of the course : BHM (Bachelor of Hospitality Management)
- Duration: 3+1 years
- Eligibility : 10+2 passed/appeared from recognized Central or State Govt. Board
- Seat : 120
- Industrial training duration : 6 months in Hospitality Industry.
- Placement : India and Abroad
- Degree awarded : MAKAUT( west bengal university of technology)
- ReviewCourses Name
- Total Credit Hours